Drama in the Primary or Secondary Classroom and Theatre Studies
These courses provide teachers with:
- techniques and ideas for teaching drama and theatre studies
- ideas for using drama to teach English
- an insight into the teaching of drama in Irish or British secondary schools or the role of drama in primary education
- Irish or British theatre studies
- theatre visits including the Abbey Theatre, Dublin or Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, London
- an opportunity to exchange ideas and develop links with teachers from other countries
Please contact us if you would like us to make proposals for a tailor-made course for a group of teachers. There is a wide choice of locations in Britain and Ireland.
Individual teachers and groups are invited to enrol on the courses listed below. (Click on each course for full details).
"The drama workshops provided lots of ideas to use with my students. Challenging and inspiring.
Thanks to the trainers' professional, enthusiastic, friendly approach I overcame my shyness.
Absolutely great experience.
I also appreciated the opportunity to see three brilliant plays in three different theatres and to observe inspirational drama classes in two secondary schools. A rich and varied programme."
Barbara Zabludowska (Poland)
Southampton Drama Course